Re: Problem with chromium 89.0.4389.82

On 04.04.21 18:29, H wrote:
On 04/04/2021 11:24 AM, Richard wrote:
Date: Sunday, April 04, 2021 10:19:34 -0400
From: H <agents@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am running CentOS 7 and just updated chromium to version
89.0.4389.82 from EPEL.

Although this version was released a few weeks ago, I had had the
previous version of chromium (88.0.4324.150) running for several
weeks but it crashed and the new version was then loaded.

The older version worked fine but this new one refuses to load
certain, ie most, websites that the old version did not have a
problem with - it is jus stuck waiting for the domain in question.
Further, the version of Firefox I also have installed loads all of
them without any problems which suggests there is not a problem
with those sites, the DNS resolution, nor with my system apart from
chromium.

Rpm does not allow me to downgrade to the previous version and
cannot find the previous version. I remember having a similar
problem loading websites at least a year ago which, if I remember
correctly, was due to some bug in chromium.

Do you have firefox set to use DoH? That could change the perspective
of whether there is a DNS issue.

With centos-7 you can use chrome, you don't have to use chromium.

I use the rpms for chrome, for both the stable and beta releases --
currently at 89.0.4389.114 and 90.0.4430.51 respectively, from
google's repository without any issues.

Understood. I checked and I cannot see that I am using DoH (DNS over https?) in Firefox. Since I have a vague memory of having had a similar problem with chromium in the past, I highly suspect it is a bug in the browser.

Where can I find the older release, ie 88.0.4324.150 of chromium? It is no longer in EPEL.

Did you have the same issues with a new test account?

--
Leon