Re: RHEL/Centos 8 power off issue

On 3/29/21 2:22 AM, Łukasz Posadowski wrote:
On 2021-03-28 at 21:17 -0600, R C wrote:
I have a laptop, in a docking station. When running RHEL/Centos 7
could shut it down and power it off by using 'shutdown -h now' In
did a
new install of Centos 8 (and also RHEL 8) and when I do a
"shutdown -h
now" it just reboots (behaves the same as if I'd do a reboot).
You can check 'last -x' do ensure that You really send a shutdown
signal.

I'll check that

  Is it dell docking station, tha new one with usb-c? It
always powers on the laptop as soon I switch the power cord and
sometime reboots a laptop insted of shutting it down.

It is a Dell, but an older one. But it seems like the same issue. When not in the docking station, it behaves like it is supposed to. I did check the bios for  "power up on AC/usb/etc" except for WOL that's all set right.

It only behaves like this when in the docking station."

It is my work
pc and I'm not allowed to boot Linux in any way, so I'm not sure if
it's a Windows thing, or the station itself is malfunctioning.

Hmm.   I have a few of these docking stations, I mever had that issue before, I installed/booted all kinds of Linux distros on it, never was an issue until RHEL/Centos 8

Ron