Re: CentOS-7-x86_64-dvd-2009.iso is too big for DVD blanks

On 3/15/21 5:04 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 at 16:26, Lamar Owen <lowen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, what's odd is that the actual upstream RHEL 7.9 DVD WILL fit on a
single-layer DVD.  Just burned one.
Well I am batting 0 for 1000 today. I am clearly not a good resource at the
moment :). Thanks Lamar for checking the real source.

Sure, no problem.  I had a similar problem with a different version of CentOS, 8.3, which is too large to fit on a dual-layer DVD.  I also had a similar problem with another product altogether, pfSense, which will no longer fit on a CD, even though the docs said 'CD/DVD image' and I was trying to repurpose an old server, 64-bit capable but very early 64-bit, that had a CD drive (parallel ATA thinline!) with a special connector, and I didn't have a DVD drive available.  Oddly enough, that old box can boot USB, but only certain sticks, and so I used an old 1GB stick to boot pfSense on that box.  I was prepared to boot an older pfSense and upgrade up to current.....