Re: How to query which yum package groups a particular package is member of

--On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:07 PM +0000 J Martin Rushton via CentOS <centos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here's how to find the package for a particular file:

That one's easy and I use this all the time:

rpm -qf full-file-name

I'm looking for how to get the yum group for a package. (I'm guessing a package might even be in more than one group?) That would help explain how the dnsmasq package got installed on my system. (It was never enabled by systemd and isn't required by any other package. So I went ahead and erased it to free the space and reduce my attack surface.)