Re: Reboot/shutdown without login

On 1/11/2021 11:37 AM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
In old times I always was disabling CNTRL-ALT-DEL, and adding to level "S" /usr/bin/login which effectively required password when one reboots machine into single user mode. And boot from anything but system drive was disabled in BIOS, and BIOS was password protected. Not that I disagree with "nothing can stop a guy with the screwdriver". But disabling easy way to tamper with the system adds to one's ability to notice the system had been tampered with (and when). Not doing it anymore...

That makes perfect sense in a company data room. My situation is a roommate that wants to power if off to sleep and I've left for an emergency and didn't have time to power it down myself.