Re: CentOS Stream suitability as a production webserver

On 8/1/2021 11:01 π.μ., Fabian Arrotin wrote:

With my SysAdmin hat on, I'd say that the only real impacting bit is the
shorter lifetime (5y instead of 10), but with overlap between stream
versions, so one would have time to have a look, reflect in automation,
reinstall/migrate, enjoy

With my sysadmin hat on, I'd say wait for a bit of time for Rocky Linux (or whatever will be finally called) or Lenix to mature and check adoption, and if not satisfied (which I consider unlikely) move to Oracle Linux.

Just forget all this cooking with Stream.

If you wear another hat, you can see things differently, but as a sysadmin, to me the above course of action is clear.

Cheers,
Nick