Re: Disk choice for workstation ?

On 12/26/20 12:20 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
Any advice from the hardware gurus on this list?

I think your request lacks at least one critical consideration: What is the cost of down time?

You've got a RAID1 setup now, so I have to assume that you've decided at some point in the past that the down time you'd incur replacing a disk when one fails is great enough to buy a second disk.  SSDs aren't immune to failure.  Right now, I'm operating on a degraded RAID1 volume while I wait for an RMA for a SAMSUNG 860 QVO that I installed just over one year ago.  For me, the cost of the outage justified the redundant storage device.  It was expensive, but it's a cost that paid off this year.