Re: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

On 08/12/2020 15:48, Johnny Hughes wrote:
I promise you, to the best of my knowledge, IBM had nothing to do with
this decision.  Red Hat is a distinct unit inside IBM and Red Hat still
has a CEO, CFO, etc.  Red Hat also maintains a neutral relationship with
many IBM competitors. So this was not an IBM decision.

Then WHO made the decision?

Where was the transparency in this decision by the CentOS Board? (assuming CentOS still *has* a working independent board)

Judging from the reactions, I don't believe that anyone saw this coming. Where was the community consultation on IF this was a good idea.

Jim

--

Jim Bourne/Dev Null - President Chinook City Roller Derby League
 CCRD  2011  -  2020  BOD  Member,  2016  MRDWC  Hosting  Chair