Re: Best practice preparing for disk restoring system

On 18/11/2020 03:35, H wrote:
On November 17, 2020 4:07:52 PM EST, "Felix Kölzow" <felix.koelzow@xxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe "rear" is an appropriate solution for you?

https://relax-and-recover.org/

On 17/11/2020 18:23, Chris Schanzle via CentOS wrote:
I would include LVM and mdadm info as well, since I use those
features.  I encourage you to look at what long-lived tools, such as
clonezilla, write into their archive directories.  It's impressive.
If you zero out all free space on all of your HDD partitions (dd
bs=1M if=/dev/zero of=/path/deleteme; rm /path/deleteme) or use
'fstrim' for SSD's, you could use dd to image with fast & light
compression (lzop or my current favorite, pzstd) and get maximum
benefit of a bit-by-bit archival copy.