Re: Laptop and NFS homedir

I've been playing with OwnCloud on a home network recently and it seems to be handling sync traffic well. A couple of points to make: 1) Be aware that the server and client repositories are different. You can do a lot with the web interface to the server, but you'll really want the client for ease of use. 2) Synchronising isn't instant. It can take a few minutes for 100+ MiB syncs, particularly since I was going W10 (clinet)->VM (server) ->host (client).

Other than the above, it's basically set-and-forget. I can download photos onto the laptop, run GIMP on the C7 machine, and store the results on the C8 VM server quite happily.