Modifying username

I modified a users name on my system. From ABCLast, to ALast (used as an example).

I modified the username, then the group name of the user (to align with the new name), and then I
moved the users home directory from /home/ABCLast, to /home/ALast. Then using vipw, edited the
home directory to use /home/ALast.

When I got finished editing the passwd file, I got the following message:
You have modified /etc/passwd.
You may need to modify /etc/shadow for consistency.

I don't know what to do here.  Need some guidance please.

lastly, did I miss anything here?  Any other steps I need to do to get this user squared away due
to the name change?

Thanks,

Jay