Re: Thunderbird Revision Issues

On 5/22/20 12:28 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
Hey all,

CentOS 6 has Thunderbird 68.8.0
CentOS 8 has Thunderbird 68.7.0

When I rsync my .thunderbird folder from my CentOS 6 machine to my CentOS 8 machine and start Thunderbird it says:

"A newer version of Thunderbird may have made changes to your
profile which are no longer compatible with this older version.
Use this profile only with that newer version, or create a new profile for this installation of Thunderbird.  Creating a new profile requires setting up your accounts, calendars and add-ons again."

I think I encountered the same thing when trying to go from CentOS 7 to CentOS 8.

I'm pretty sure I ended up invoking thunderbird manually with the --allow-downgrade option.  After it was satisfied with my copied profile, it would then subsequently run OK with a normal invocation (using the desktop icon, etc.)

-Greg