Re: How to Load Custom CentOS 7 Image

It seems like kickstart is what you are looking for.  I have done this heavily the past few months.

I have created iso, pxe boot, and created custom usb flash drives.

The iso method works for my on my ESXi host VMs, the USB one needed a boot cd to test on my ESXi host that later transferred the boot process to the USB.

I have done some testing on EFI vs BIOS boot on physical hardware.  I have not resolved all my problems with EFI but most BIOS installed worked without any problems.

Another problem I have had was physical boxes with only EFI and USB3 only ports, CentOS 7.7 was problematic, my fix was to boot off a USB and point to a web server that had.

In the end my goal is to make it easier for my Windows friends to get in to Linux by providing a USB flash drive that builds a server for them, I was able to kickstart build popular packages without Docker

Some of the native packages I had were

 * plex
 * zoneminder
 * homeassistant
 * DNS/DHCP with DoH support

Here is a video of a workstion kickstart on a USB flash drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4JuA3E2VG8

Is this what you were trying to do?

LA