Re: Thank You

At 07:59 PM 4/16/2020, you wrote:
Just reaching out to say thanks to all the folks that keep CentOS,
EPEL, this mailing list, etc running. It is probably partly due to
having used Red Hat for over two decades, but I always have a good
experience with CentOS. The recent servers that I have setup with
CentOS 8 are purring along. Thanks for the work and support.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian

It is an absolute delight to see a posting like yours. No questions, no complaints, no "you shouldn't be doing that, and no non-answers. Thank you for confirming my belief that the open-source community is there to help. I, too, started with RedHat Linux when it was 'free', converted to WhiteHat, then Centos. I control servers of x86_64, Raspberry Pi, mostly on Centos 7, all for fun, not as a job. I'm working on the C8....

Now, ... I haven't had as good luck with C8 s you allege. There were several things I had to deal with:
- new firewall
- new mailer (sendmail -> postfix)
- new system management (systemd)
- new yum (introduction of software streams, whatever they are)

But, it keeps me busy during this lockdown time.

David
San Francisco