Re: Upgrade to CentOS8

Am 29.03.20 um 14:16 schrieb Patrick DERWAEL:
Hi folks
I have a couple of Zotac mini PCs running CentOS7 which I want/need to
upgrade to CentOS8
In theory, they are CentOS8 capable, but assuming Murphy might be lurking
around, I prefer validating the hardware before starting the effective
installation

As there is no LiveCD, what would be the recommended way to do this?

No LiveCD, no recommendation but I see two options: If you have the infra (workstation/build/mock/imagebuilder) you can generate a custom spin / LiveCD, or just use a similar Fedora LiveCD to get an idea if you run in major problems. EL8 has some OS areas better equipped with backport etc. then the vanilla Fedora release but for a raw test its worth to try a fedora LiveCD - EL8 is "similar to" / "a mix of" Fedora 27/28/29 ...

BTW, starting the CentOS8 iso also shows if it boots at all ... :-)

--
Leon