Re: System Time

--On Sunday, March 08, 2020 6:59 PM +0000 Chris Olson via CentOS <centos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All of our bedrooms have Radio-Controlled Clocks. At 5:30
this morning, half of the clocks displayed the correct time.
The other half of the clocks were incorrectly showing a time
one hour ahead.

Probably a result of political changes to when DST transitions occur. We see a new tzdata package fairly regularly because some politician somewhere in the world decided to change when his country would switch between standard time and DST. (It's not just Linux. All operating systems use this package. So that Windows Patch Tuesday may be JUST for a tzdata update!)

The hardware that suffers the most is devices with fixed firmware that can't be updated. Notably, those cheap "atomic" clocks.

So just wait a few weeks for the older clocks to switch on the day the older laws specified.