Re: CentOS 8 on USB disk

I'd be a bit careful with that one Joakim. If dd throws an error for any reason the sync will not run and your USB may be in a partially written state for some time. Since it is not mounted, there is no umount command to sync for you. If you pull the stick out shortly after the dd command was run you will have a partially written USB - nasty. I'd suggest "dd if=iso of=usbdevice status=progress ; sync", though personally I'm a bit old school and manually do a "sync ; sync" before removing raw devices.