Re: Limiting what devices can pair over Bluetooth?

James Pearson wrote:

I've managed to get a Wacom Intuos Pro 2 (PTH-660) tablet working over
Bluetooth to a CentOS 7 install. Well, I didn't actually have to do much
to get it working ...

However, we don't normally enable Bluetooth for security reasons, so I
need to be able to configure things so Bluetooth can _only_ be used to
pair with Wacom tablets

As I never used Bluetooth in anger before, I'm struggling to find out
where to start looking - does anyone know how to do this or any pointers
on where I should start?

To answer my own question - there appears to be nothing either at the kernel or user interface level that can do this - i.e. there is nothing to, say, limit Bluetooth to just HID devices

Which is a pity, as it's either an all or nothing with Bluetooth, which means we can't use Bluetooth for Wacom tablets without opening up access to file transfer over Bluetooth as well ...

James Pearson