Re: Problems installing CentOS 8

On 12/23/19 5:19 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
I'm having a problem installing CentOS 8 from a USB drive.  When the installer boots from the USB, it displays the language selection screen.  After I select English and continue, the installer freezes.  The USB drive flashes a couple times over the next minute or so, the stops.  The mouse moves the cursor, but the installer is unresponsive to either selecting QUIT or HELP.

I resolved the problem.

I had a multi-Tb external RAID box attached by USB to the system. Apparently, the installer was trying to analyze the available space and either failing or taking forever. Once I disconnected the external drive, the installer was able to find the local disks.

--
Michael Eager    eager@xxxxxxxxxx
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306