Re: NFS shutdown issue

On 10/29/19 6:28 PM, Darby Vicker wrote:
Interesting - thanks for the info.  I can understand that behavior in a
shutdown situation.  But I'm surprised that unmounting (either cleanly or
uncleanly) one of two exported filesystems triggers the NFS service to
shutdown completely.  Is this consistent with other peoples experiences?

I don't have block devices fail very often, but if you run "systemctl list-dependencies nfs-server" you should see your mount points listed as dependencies.  For example, I export a filesystem mounted at "/export", and I see "export.mount" in the dependency list for that service.  Given that, I would expect nfs-server to stop if the "export.mount" systemd unit (the /export mount) failed.