Re: CentOS 8 partiitioning for reliability

--On Thursday, July 25, 2019 4:21 PM +0200 hw <hw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

In any case, get two 147GB disks to install the system on and use some
RAID mirror setup to create two logical volumes.  That separates system
from data and leaves you two spares for when a disk fails.

I'm considering buying a couple 512GB SSDs to run in a mirror as the boot drive and use all the regular drives in hardware RAID 6 as /home (including IMAP email and Samba shares). I'm guessing I should put swap on the spindles?

You may want to take out some of the memory and check power consumption
since more memory might consume more power, and you don't need that much.

Good idea. I'll probably cut it down to 32 GB, mostly for use by SpamAssassin and ClamAV.