bad install

I tried to install Centos on a partition of a Windows machine, and I screwed up. Thinking that the installation would take a while, I took a short break. When I

came back, the install was "done" but it is now asking for a password that I never gave it. I can't get around this. I tried to reinstall from the DVD I downloaded,

but it just comes up "password" instead of letting the DVD mount. I tried to reformat the partition (sda6) using gparted, but the section that contains the

problem does not reformat, it remains there. The Centos version was downloaded on April 26, and it is called "CentOS-x86-64-DVD-1810.iso." It is a new computer

called PowerSpec B741 and there is no manual for it, apparently not anywhere!

Suggestions please! Thanx!