Re: Outliner

On 14.4.2019 13.42, H wrote:
I would love to find an old-fashionedoutliner, like the ones that
used to exist prior to the modern GUIs. It would make writing
structured documents, or organizing thoughts in general, so much more
convenient, productive and faster. Ideally it should allow saving
files in txt, OO and markdown formats...
Org-mode fits the bill. Emacs org-mode seems to get positive reviews, and it has been ported to vim too (many alternative plugins, but probably with less features than the original emacs version).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Org-mode

Org 9.2 was released in December 2018, so the development seems not to be dead.

I have no personal experience with any programs of this type. I sometimes use the outline mode in MS Word, just because I'm lazy.

- Jussi