Re: Mail Server Guides

--On Sunday, March 03, 2019 1:30 PM +0100 Adrian van Bloois <adrian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need to set up a new mail server to replace an aging CentOS 6.3 mail
server. I was wondering what were some of the best guides on the web for
Postfix (Maildir), Spamassassin, ClamAV, Dovecot?

In the list I miss a program to control clamav and spamassassin.
Many people use amavis, but my experience is not very favoufable with
this script.
I personally prefer MailScaaner

I like MIMEDefang for this. Install it with yum and then edit your MTA config to hook it up. It runs as a "milter" (mail filter) plugin in your MTA (Sendmail or Postfix) and a service that performs the scanning. A Perl script invokes SpamAssassin and/or ClamAV (and other similar programs) on each message part. A stock script is provided which you customize to implement your site policy. A commercial version with paid support is also available, with lots of nice management bells and whistles. Join the mailing list to get help operating it.

<https://mimedefang.org/>