Re: can XFS filesystem recover rm'ed files?

On 1/7/19 1:28 PM, Dave Burns wrote:
Yes, I rm'ed the wrong directory. The disk has not been written to since,
now mounted ro. Is it possible to recover the files without doing forensics
on the whole partition? I know the UID and path. XFS is supposed to be
pretty amazing, can I get it to do this?

I can't find any reports of successful undelete from XFS.

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_Does_the_filesystem_have_an_undelete_capability.3F

Red Hat suggests xfs_irecover, testdisk, and sleuthkit.  Others recommend photorec.  I don't see XFS undelete support listed on the web pages for either testdisk or photorec.

Good luck.