Re: VNC question

On 12/19/18 4:36 AM, isdtor wrote:
We have run into the infamous black screen problem with tigervnc under CentOS7, which prompted me to look into how vnc is configured here.

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/966063

Am I reading this correctly - root needs to set up a systemd vnc service for every user and display individually? Compared to e.g. CentOS before 7, or indeed any other Linux/Unix system where vnc is completely under user control?

I have always run an instance of vnc-server for each user.  I never gave the user control, just assigned the port number for the user. I have been doing this at least since CentOS4.

Now the fun comes in as to what GUI you are using.  The install is for Gnome, and if you want any other GUI, you have work in front of you.  I have it working for Xfce.

I have a separate systemd service file for each user. And I enable them all, just the way I run things.  I suppose there are ways you can have the user start his specific systemd service from their ssh shell.