Re: Firewalld and iptables

--On Friday, December 14, 2018 5:57 PM -0500 Jon LaBadie <jcu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, there are about 20 of them and several screen widths
long.  However they all end with one of two reasons:

  : No chain/target/match by that name.
  : Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?).

Put them on a pastebin so we can see them at full width. The chain names should tell us what's responsible for them.

After the update I got email from "ckservices" that firewalld was down.
I saw the above mentioned iptable errors and checked the iptables.service
to find it masked.  I shutdown firewalld, unmasked, enabled, and started
iptables.service and then firewalld.  Same errors.  So I shutdown iptables
service, masked it, and restarted firewalld.

Note that the iptables utilities and the iptables service are distinct. I install the utilities so that I can inspect the kernel chains that filterd creates. But I don't install the iptables service.