Re: LVM failure after CentOS 7.6 upgrade -- possible corruption

On 12/5/18 9:27 AM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
The content of /var/log/messages is here:
     https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/n-E6X76FWIKzIvzPOw97uw

I don't have much new information, other than that I tested booting a similar system with an intentionally degraded RAID volume. That one booted properly, so I don't think that was the problem. The dm-cache device still needs further investigation, but I'm going to wait for all RAID arrays to re-sync before further testing.

Going through the log again, I'm looking at this line:
Dec 4 21:17:34 ascension lvm: WARNING: Device mismatch detected for VolGroup/lv_root which is accessing /dev/md127 instead of /dev/sda3.

Since it says "is accessing /dev/md127", I think the kernel activated the LVs properly, in which case there shouldn't be any corruption risk.

I still can't reason why the lvm tools were scanning the component volumes to begin with.