Re: Update to libstdc+++ causes problems.

On 11/13/18 11:50 AM, Chris Johnson wrote:
I believe most of the images were originally built for Ubuntu.

Sounds like that you are trying to run some binaries that were built for Ubuntu, and the Ubuntu version they used has a higher ABI version than those in CentOS 7.

If these were software (proprietary or FLOSS) that were designed for Ubuntu but not CentOS, you'd likely meet some other problems even when the ABIs match. Ubuntu and CentOS have many differences.

For simplicity I'd choose to stay with Ubuntu. Ubuntu also has Long Term Support (LTS) versions that are supported for five years:

https://www.ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle

--
Yan Li