Re: Which is better? Microsoft Exchange 2016 or Linux-based SMTP Servers?

On 07/25/2018 08:18 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
OK, what you say is true in theory.  However,  in Thunderbird on Linux
and using Mac clients, etc  .. and certainly on Windows workstation
clients using outlook .. zimbra does not work well.  It also does not
work well on people's smart phone calendars. People want their phone to
remind them of their appointments .. any solution that is iffy doing
that is just unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm not sure how long it's been available, but Zimbra supports Exchange ActiveSync.  Windows workstation clients using Outlook shouldn't see any difference between Zimbra and Exchange, if it's implemented properly.

Personally, I use SOGo (which also supports EAS).  It didn't get many mentions in the this thread, which is unfortunate because it's *really* good.