Re: Network Performance Update

On 05/06/2018 06:20 AM, Chris Olson wrote:

Thanks for the follow up message regarding measurement
of network performance.  we are checking into nc and
how it might be used.

The man page for "nc" has specific examples of sending a file over TCP.

We have not found iperf on any
of our systems, but we may try installing it with yum.

You may be right about the ftp server trying to use
ftruncate() on the destination file /dev/null, but
I do not see a reason that it would do that. What
needs to be truncated at the beginning of a transfer?

Explaining *why* the authors of the FTP server wrote it as they did is beyond what I can offer.  I can explain the mechanism, but not the rationale.