Re: evince

ken wrote:
On 03/03/2018 11:31 AM, hw wrote:

Is there better source to look for answers than these two:

What kind of answers are you looking for?

Perhaps installing a missing font solves the problem with evince.
You could try mupdf, xpdf and qpdfview to see if one of them can
display the PDFs you have.  Unfortunately, none of them are included
in Centos.  That leaves gimp --- can it import the PDFs?

Yes, GIMP will read PDFs, but it splits them into separate images.  That isn't a major problem if you're simply reading the doc, but if you edit it, you'll need something like pdftk to put the separate pages back together.

This would be for a test to see if the problem is with evince or with other
programs as well.

For reading PDFs I've had consistently good results with okular.

For "missing font" errors I've found generally that installing the missing font resolves the issue.  Run "yum search font" to chase down that possibility.

hth.