Re: Install CentOS 7 on MBR hard disk

On 15 February 2018 at 17:19, Yves Bellefeuille <yan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a UEFI system, but I want to install CentOS on a MBR (not GPT)
> hard disk.
>
> The installation program keeps telling me that I must create an "EFI
> system partition on a GPT disk mounted at /boot/efi".
>
> I can't find a way to work around this. Is there a solution?

If the installer is doing that then it usually means that the UEFI
firmware is either
a) not in BIOS compatibility mode
b) does not respond in a way that Linux detects or
c) the disk is larger than what BIOS compatibility mode will allow.

Otherwise anaconda should default to MBR unless it finds the hardware
does not know how to deal with MBR.

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/installation_guide/chap-anaconda-boot-options

> --
> Yves Bellefeuille