Re: CentOS Digest, Vol 157, Issue 4

On 04/02/18 22:30, centos-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
----------------

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2018 16:57:19 -0800
From: Akemi Yagi <amyagi@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Update to 3.10.0-693.17.1 breaks ath5k

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 10:57 PM, Stephen Davies <sdavies@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Where can I find a suitable module or even source code to build here?

(Centos 7)

ELRepo used to provide the kmod-ath5k package. However, the module
does not compile under EL7.4 due to the change in the wireless stack.
If your device needs ath5k, give ELRepo's kernel-lt a try. The module
is enabled in this kernel.

Akemi

I have worked around this issue by changing the default boot image to the previous release. I realise that this leaves the Intel issue but I can live with that and without future kernel updates.
Hopefully somebody will fix the module before I die.

Cheers,
Stephen