Re: Gnome boot problem (again :-) )

On 25/11/17 12:09, vychytraly . wrote:
Hello friends

I was using EL7 on gnome 3 for few months without any problem. Even 2 hours
ago I had the computer (Laptop running on Nvidia-Prime) turned on and
everything was working without flaw. But when I turned on the computer few
minutes ago, I got login screen (which does not usually happen, since I
have autologin turned on) and when I entered my login credentials I got
black screen and went back to login screen. Everytime I entered my
credentials the same thing happened so I was stuck in endless login loop.
At first I thought it was caused by gnome-extension I updated to new
version today.

For me, I noticed (on a different terminal - Ctrl+F2) that when I warm boot the laptop, the Nvidia Card is not recognized and hence I get that login loop.  When this happens, I simply fully shutdown laptop for a minute and when I boot up again, the card is found and all is well.  I might as well mention that I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 on my laptop so your problem might be different but just thought I might mention it just in case...

https://askubuntu.com/questions/941259/nvrm-no-nvidia-graphics-adapter-found

I used to do exactly like you - drop to shell and start messing with stuff until I realized that this is what was happening.  My workaround has been to simply shutdown, wait a minute and reboot - works always!