Re: PHP package versions

On 2/11/17 4:50 pm, Pete Biggs wrote:
Yes, those versions are EOL, but RedHat spends vast amounts of money
back porting security (and bug) fixes from later versions into the EOL
versions so that they remain a viable option for the life of that
particular version of the distro - that's what the '-42' on the version
is all about.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to hear. I'll take a closer look at this late next week and work out how to communicate it to the relevant people here. Thank you for the prompt, helpful response.

Greg.