Re: Firefox Sync Server 1.5 on CentOS 7

On 10/22/2017 10:09 PM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
Any comments so far? As far as I can see, you created a
/usr/local/lib/sync-1.5/ directory and built this stuff there. As root
or as a different user? Any custom permissions there?

The installation can be performed as a non-apache user, providing that apache can read the directory tree.  Apache should not have write access to any files created during the build process.

However, the software is run by the apache user, so apache needs to own the database.  Assuming a sqlite3 build, syncserver.ini will refer to a file as "sqluri".  The file identified by that setting should be owned and writable by the apache user.

Is the problem that this application works when it's run standalone, but not through apache?  I'm a little unclear since you said that you had two clients working.