Re: New CentOS/RHEL group on Facebook

On 09/10/2017 13:59, Nux! wrote:
So, there is no switch there to make the group public?
It requires login now, that's what I was moaning about basically.
I think the point of it is that it is a Facebook group, i.e. It is a group for Facebook users who have an interest in CentOS/RHEL.

If it were to be an open-source group, then it would be over an open-source medium.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicolas Kovacs" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, 9 October, 2017 13:26:57
Subject: Re:  New CentOS/RHEL group on Facebook
Le 09/10/2017 à 13:14, Nux! a écrit :
I personally dislike Facebook, but even so, I think a basic
requirement for any web site striving to share knowledge is to be
publicly accessible to all which at the moment it is not. Search
engines won't be able to crawl it, people without an account won't be
able to access it.

Can this be changed?
Facebook is what it is, and as far as I'm concerned, I use the good bits
while ignoring the bad bits. It's OK for sharing links to new blog posts
and tutorials in tech groups, but that's pretty much it. For technical
questions, the mailing list and the forums are much more suited, and
this is also stated in the Facebook group's welcome message.

Consider it as "Twitter with unlimited characters".

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr