Re: audio flaky

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, wwp wrote:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:02:34 -0500 (CDT) Michael Hennebry <hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm running CentOS 6.
The audio goes in and out a lot.
With vlc, I can sometimes get the audio back
by turning the audio track off and on again.
I have similar issues with a/v embedded in html.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?

Could you elaborate about "the audio goes in and out a lot"?

It just cuts out.

Of videos on my computer, the problem might be for a single mp4 file.
The cut outs occurs at scene changes,
most of which are between grayscale and color.

A facebook friend sent me a video that used to have sound.
Now it's quiet and shorter.
I don't have enough time to try to turn sound off and on.
I'm going to look for some other embedded video to check.

Now I wonder whether my video software has
gotten more sensitive to malformed data.
Don't remember when vlc was last updated.
ls -l tells me Jan 4, but I'm pretty sure that is wrong.
I'll try to find it in my yum logs.
Is there a tool that will try to clean a bad mp4 video?

--
Michael   hennebry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,