Re: cyrus spool on btrfs?

Valeri Galtsev wrote:
Thanks. That seems to clear fog a little bit. I still would like to hear
manufacturers/models here. My choices would be: Areca or LSI (bought out
by Intel, so former LSI chipset and microcode/firmware) and as SSD Samsung
Evo SATA III. Does anyone who used these in hardware RAID can offer any
bad experience description?

It depends on your budget and on the hardware you plan to use the controller
with, and on what you´re intending to do.  I wouldn´t recommend using SSDs
that are not explicitly rated for use with hardware RAID with hardware RAID.

Samsung seems to have firmware bugs that makes the kernel/btrfs disable some
features.  I´d go with Intel SSDs and either use md-RAID or btrfs, but the
reliability of btrfs is questionable, and md-RAID has a performance penalty.