Re: CentOS SDR Support

On 07/19/2017 11:02 AM, Chris Olson wrote:
  We have been following up with regard to how SDR capabilities might be
used for obtaining time using SDR dongles as well as using the
time source product referenced in that response.

One thing that we did not find was any reference at all to SDR
products and software for monitoring the frequencies used by
recreational Remote Controlled Aircraft.

GNUradio works well on CentOS 7, but it is a bit of an adventure to get it built. Marcus Leech's build-gnuradio.sh script works fine, and I've used it several times to build GNUradio on C7, both on x86_64 and on aarch64 (although I haven't performed that build on any of my ODROID C2s in some time and it really was a pain due to EPEL not being available for aarch64 at the time). I tried the PyBOMBS build, but it wasn't successful for me, so I reverted to the build-gnuradio.sh script.

GNUradio supports a number of SDR dongles, including the RTL-SDR.

An old version of GNUradio used to be in EPEL, but it's no there as of today.

For general-purpose SDR work GNUradio is fine, but if you need deterministic latency you may be disappointed.