Re: doing something before everything else

Am 22.07.2017 um 20:47 schrieb Jonathan Billings:

On Jul 22, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While I am really surprised that the Jenkins team hasn't made their Jenkins RPM packages systemd aware but still providing a sysv init script, you probably try to do something which should be solved in a different way.

There’s always:

https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Installing+Jenkins+as+a+Unix+daemon <https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Installing+Jenkins+as+a+Unix+daemon>

scroll down to the systemd section.

--
Jonathan Billings <billings@xxxxxxxxxx>

Ok, thanks for that hint. I only had a look into the RPM of the latest Jenkins release and that's not shipping with a service file. Well, you can follow the wiki and place the jenkins.service file into /etc/systemd/system/. Probably the project does not care to build packages for the different major releases shipping with different init systems.

Still curious what Andrew tries to achieve.

Alexander