Re: Cron sending to root after changing MAILTO

> Best is to define a mail alias for the root user. That way you have it
> defined at a single place for all occurances of mail destined to root.

postfix only uses the aliases map for local delivery. If the recipient email address is fully qualified, local delivery is not even in the picture (and I literally mean "the big picture", http://www.porcupine.org/postfix/doc/big-picture.html). The only way to get local delivery involved here is to add root to masquerade_exceptions.

postfix is not the problem here as the log shows

... to=<root@xxxxxxxxx>, orig_to=<root> ...