Re: tabs ignored in here document

Excellent!

On 05/05/2017 05:11 PM, Robbert Eggermont wrote:
It's certainly possible to include tabs in here documents, in shell scripts it works as expected.

However, when you input the here document on the command line in an interactive shell, the moment you enter the tab it immediately triggers Bash' programmable completion and the tab never reaches the here document.

To disable programmable completion (temporarily), run:
bind 'set disable-completion on'
To (re-)enable programmable completion, run:
bind 'set disable-completion off'

This works just fine. Adds to all the sections where I have blocks with here documents with tabs, but better to turn it off and on each time, that assume it is in the right state.

Again, thanks.

Robbert