External drive, BackupPC service, and booting

I'm using an external drive with BackupPC on CentOS 7. I currently have a mount entry like this in fstab:

/dev/disk/by-label/backuppc4 /var/lib/BackupPC ext4 noauto,rw 0 0

This means I must manually mount the drive and then start the backuppc service.

Is there a way to set up hotplugging so that the drive is mounted if present at boot time but doesn't stop the boot if it's not present or otherwise fails? I see the fstab nofail option. Will that do what I want?

Is there a way to set up the backuppc service (through systemd) so that it starts if and only if the drive is present, or starts if the drive is plugged in later?

---