Re: package internet-browser?

On 05/02/2017 09:59 AM, m.roth@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Kay Schenk wrote:
On 05/01/2017 06:10 PM, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On May 1, 2017, at 1:33 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What can anyone tell me about package internet-browser?

Through the gnome package app, there seems to be NO meta info????

I can’t find any packages called 'internet-browser’ for CentOS6 or 7, in
either the base repos or EPEL. pkgs.org doesn’t know about it either.

Do you have any extra repositories added?

Yes, but...this ONLY shows up through the gnome package kit app --
gpk-application. It does NPT show up either through the yum repos or
rpm. Is it some kind of system alias? It's 128.9 MB.

Yesterday, when I was having so much trouble with the latest FF 52, I
uninstalled internet-browser thing which also uninstalled FF 52. OK, all
good. I cleared my yum cache, then re-installed FF 45. This item came
back through gpk-application. Rather confused at this point.

I'm on CentOS 6.9, 32 bit.

Silly thought: if you *have* that package installed, and want to upgrade
it... what repo does rpm -qi internet-browser tell you it's from.

See my previous reply -- it DOES not show up in an rpm query. I am not using konqueror. I will try to track this down further. It MUST be an alias that's set up in gnome.

I don't suppose there's any chance that it could be the konqueror browswer?

        mark