Re: NOT Solved - Re: SELinux policy to allow Dovecot to connect to Mysql

On 04/28/2017 06:36 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:

Here are the messages I got:

type=AVC msg=audit(1493361695.041:49205): avc: denied { rlimitinh } for pid=3047 comm="cleanup" scontext=system_u:system_r:postfix_master_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:system_r:postfix_cleanup_t:s0 tclass=process permissive=1

My advice would be to slow down, and solve one problem at a time.

I failed to look at the content of these messages and see that there was also a problem with postfix accessing mysql. I was not getting any errors about this in maillog.

We were talking about testing dovecot, and now you're testing postfix.

I would have to think a bit about how to test dovecot accessing mysql without it processing an email handed off to it by postfix.

I know you need them both to work, but these are separate services, with their own individual policies. If you're going to submit a bug report, you need to be able to specifically describe the problem and the solution. You're not going to do that by mixing different services together.

Nope.  But I see now there is a broader problem.

sendmail -i testit3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx < /usr/share/doc/amavisd-new-2.10.1/test-messages/README

It failed accessing mysql with the following maillog messages:

Yes, but the policy you added earlier only granted MySQL access to dovecot. For postfix, you'll want to check for booleans first and then create a policy (without debugging AVCs) if no boolean exists, and then look at debugging AVCs if there are still issues (which is *almost* never the case).

So now I do some googling about postfix/mysql and SELinux. Probably a better discussed combination.

When I get home Monday, I am going to rebuild the server.

That would be good. Keep a log of *all* of the changes you make to the system, from the very beginning. Once you resolve the problem, rebuild the server again and follow your log.