Re: OT: systemd Poll

On 4/10/2017 2:27 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
Without intent to contradict... I really would prefer them numbered
according to their bus address. Not in the order (or reverse order - as it
was once) of them been discovered. And if you add hardware with bus
address between those of eth0 and eth1, you will have newly added one
become eth1, and former eth1 becomes eth2. I know, it stems from old
idiotic habit to always look inside the boxes... call me an old UNIX
outcast. (No, don't, that would be a complement I unlikely deserve

bus address is a somewhat nebulous concept on PCI, afaik, its not neccessarily slot specific. its even messier on things like USB