Solved - Re: SELinux policy to allow Dovecot to connect to Mysql

I reread my dovecot sql.conf.ext files and realized they were actually connecting to localhost. So I did some googling, and found how to connect to the socket:

connect = host=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock dbname=postfix user=postfix password=Postfix_Database_Password

And all fixed.  No more failures.  Plus probably securer.

I have been getting the following on my new mailserver:

Apr 7 10:17:27 z9m9z dovecot: dict: Error: mysql(localhost): Connect failed to database (postfix): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) - waiting for 25 seconds before retry

They go away when I setenforce 0.

So I googled dovecot mysql selinux and the only worthwhile hit was:

http://zszsit.blogspot.com/2012/12/dovecot-mysql-selinux-issue-on-centos6.html

that provides a /etc/selinux/dovecot2mysql.te

Is there a simpler way like a setsbool option?

With all the howtos on dovecot with mysql, it is interesting that none of them seem to have this problem. Maybe because they connect to mysql through TCP port 3306 which has ITS set of problems (like MariaDB defaults to not listening on TCP).

thanks!