Re: Sendmail is considered deprecated

On 3/31/2017 2:46 PM, Alice Wonder wrote:
I don't know about MIMEDefang but SpamAssassin and ClamAV are pretty straight forward. There are guides for both with Postfix all over the net.

MIMEDefang I have not heard of, but unless it does something really funky I suspect it also is easy to set up with Postfix.

From the MIMEDefang website:

MIMEDefang is an e-mail filtering tool that works with the Sendmail "Milter" library. MIMEDefang lets you express your filtering policies in Perl rather than C, making it quick and easy to filter or manipulate your mail.

It will detect a SpamAssassin and ClamAV installation and invoke it site-wide, rejecting virii and extreme spam before it gets to the delivery agent (eg. procmail), quarantining it for administrative review and sending a quarantine notification to the recipient.

http://mimedefang.org/

Reading around, it looks like Postfix supports milters and people have gotten MD working with it.

---